Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My First ISAT

Image Source
The ISAT stands for Illinois Standard Achievement Test. The ISATs are in March and 3rd through 8th graders in Illinois take them. The test is a really really really big book that you have to tear a seal to just take one section of the 6 sections. Tearing the seal takes a really long time because you have to tear it slowly and not rip any of the pages in that section. 

I took ISATs for the first time ever today. They don't take that long because you have 45-minutes to answer about 30 and 34 questions. Today I took math section 1 and reading section 1. All of the questions today were multiple choice, but tomorrow I will have one writing for math and one writing for reading. They are extended response questions. An extended response is where you write about a reading or a problem you answered in math. I think that the ISATs are really but reading extended response might be a little challenging for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Gavin. You are a very good writer so you'll ace your extended response tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole I have to go to bed right now

      Delete